Re: determine start time for RAC database

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: K R <kp0773@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 13:24:59 -0600

sga_max_size doesn't have to be the same for all instances so you can change
it on a per-instance basis, but it requires an instance restart to take
effect. You could stop one instance at a time using "srvctl stop instance -d
orcl -i orcl1" and then restart it before restarting the other instance. For
well-behaved applications, that shouldn't cause any outage (note:  many
applications are not well-behaved).

Dan