deleting archive logs, ASM, and SAN
- From: "Dba DBA" <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 23:06:52 -0400
oracle 10.2.0.5 redhat 4.5 on a SAN using ASM I have a flash recovery area where I put my archivelogs. I ran out of archive space, so I logged into RMAN and deleted them. I got an error that told me I was out of space because I could not log in to the database. It was about 5 minutes after I deleted the archive logs before I could log in as anything other than sysdba. Is this due to ASM background processes or Oracle processes not noticing the free space? We are on RAW partitions and a SAN. I have been told that when you delete from a SAN, its not really delete and can take some time for the delete to take place, but this is inside ASM.
Other related posts:
- » deleting archive logs, ASM, and SAN
- » Re: deleting archive logs, ASM, and SAN