Re: ddl audit trigger

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GLeonard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:36:13 -0500

let me put it this way ...

if you shot yourself  dead, would you still call 911 and report yourself?

since drop will acquire a ddl lock (loose term), execution will be
prevented as execution also needs a lock to stop the underlying object
from being modified. If what you want must happen, this will become a
classic example of a race condition. Basically first one to get the
lock wins, in this case the 'drop' got the lock first.

obviously I could be wrong, but a correction is appreciated.
Raj

--
select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements where category =