RE: dbsnmp and oraInventory - Advice !

  • From: Ankur Shah <desert_moon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rgramolini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:29:08 -0700

There's a Oracle way of doing same

If there are other products installed through the OUI, create a copy of the
oraInst.loc file (depending on the UNIX system,
 possibly in /etc or /var/opt/oracle).

Modify the inventory_loc parameter to point to a different location for the OUI
to create the oraInventory directory.

 Run the installer using the -invPtrLoc parameter
(eg: runInstaller -invPtrLoc /PATH/oraInst.loc).

 This will retain the existing oraInventory directory and create a new one for
use by the new product.

HTHU

Ankur Shah
Oracle DBA