Re: dbms_scheduler(Diff host)

  • From: Remigiusz Soko?owski <rems@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:35:09 +0100

GovindanK wrote:

Might be a dumb question .. is there a way to kick off a OS job / shell script from dbms_scheduler on a server where i donot have the Oracle Server/Client installed. I have tried this out and works out well if you have $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/external_job.ora. But lot of our jobs are on servers where oracle is not installed and we are using cron. And some of these non-database jobs
are related to each other.

Thanks

GovindanK

Well, You could also use java or perl for that - perfect here would be usage of web services technology (while being quite safe)

regards
Remigiusz

--
Remigiusz Sokolowski <rems@xxxxxxxx>