dbms_pipe

  • From: "David Boyd" <davidb1588@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:52:48 -0400

We upgraded a database from 8.1.7.4 to 9.2.0.5 recently.  The database is
for one application only.  So the account for the application was granted
all the system privileges directly in 8i.  A procedure in a package owned by
the account calls DBMS_PIPE.  In 8i the account was not granted 'execution
on dbms_pipe' explicitly.  After the upgrade, the package body became
invalid.  I got "PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_PIPE' must be declared" when I
compiled the package.  Then I tried to grant the DBA role to the account.
An anonymous block that calls dbms_pipe ran successfully.  But I still could
not compile the package until I granted the 'execution on dbms_pipe' to the
account explicitly.  Does any one know if the privilege has been changed in
9i?  I cannot find any thing in the document.  Our DBA role is a default
role from Oracle + 'select any dictionary'.