RE: dbms package? - analyze table validate structure

Jon,

The issue of having corrupted indexes is quite frustrating. Jared raised a
valid point.

Is there any job keep running rebuidling indexes with parallel clause and those
indexes have multiple keys? or someone is rebuiding them manually on regular
basis? The issue is always using parallel caluse on a index with multiple keys.
Single key indexses has no issues.

Oracle bringing this bug in various versions resulting corrupted indexes. The
solution is to drop all such indexes and recreate them (not rebuiding again).
You might be getting error messages in alert_sid.log file for such corruption
when such index is being accessed.

If this is true then you might look for a patch to fix it.

Analyze table (not index) with validate structure is the most effective way to
track such corruption.

Regards
Rafiq

Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 10:01:48 -0800From: jkstill@xxxxxxxxxxx:
Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Re: dbms package? - analyze table validate
structureCC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Crisler,
Jon <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anybody know if there is an equivalent Oracle provided package
likeDBMS_STATS that does the same thing as "analyze table (name)
validatestructure" ?  I have a system that seems to encounter corrupted
indexesnow and then, am I want to implement a preventative process via
dbms_jobto check all the tables and indexes in a particular schema.
Hi Jon,Have you investigated why indexes are being corrupted?I would think that
to be a rather unusual circumstance.Jared StillCertifiable Oracle DBA and Part
Time Perl Evangelist