Re: dblink hangs

Possibilities:

A bug.  Search MetaLink, and/or open an SR.

Network problem.  Get your network folks involved
to trace and diagnose if there is a problem.

Jared

On 5/26/06, Yongping Yao <yaoyongping@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all, We have a 10.2.0.1 SvrA and 9204 SvrB Now on SvrA we run : Create table test as select * from test1@SvrB; with 100K rows records, it completes in several minutes. But if we use INSERT INTO test select * from test1@SvrB; it will hang for days. I selected v$session_wait. In SvrA it's waiting for "SQL*NET more data from dblink". In SvrB, it's waiting for "SQL*NET more message from client". The network is OK. No package loss and the latency is about 0.1ms. We met this situation before between two 9204 too. Can someone explain it? Thx in advance

--
Yao Yongping
Learning Oracle, UNIX/Linux...

-- Jared Still Certifiable Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist