Re: dbconsole - password change

  • From: kathryn axelrod <kat.axe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: peter.schauss@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 09:31:18 -0800

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Schauss, Peter (ESS)
<peter.schauss@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> How do I encrypt the password?

It should encrypt it for you - you set "encrypted" to false when
entering the unencrypted password. Then, after starting the console,
it (should) encrypt the password and change "false" to "true".

Based on what you describe with the shutting down/starting of the
console, it sounds like the password was changed when the console was
still up - thus potentially causing issues.

Since you are currently unable to nicely shutdown the console, can
you: kill it, restore the old targets.xml file, change the password
back in the db, start it...shut it down cleanly and try again?

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Schauss, Peter (ESS)