Re: dbca won't work after cloning Oracle Home

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 18:11:36 -0400

Hi Sandy!

Have you tried with strace to see what's going on under the hood?

Regards

On 6/14/19 5:15 PM, Sandra Becker wrote:

Oracle EE 12.1.0.2
RHEL 7

A DBA who is no longer with the company cloned a RAC home, disabled RAC since we don't want it on this new server, and ran the clone.pl <http://clone.pl> per a doc she said she found on MOS.  All seemed to go well except dbca will not work.  It doesn't throw an error, just closes the linux session.  Suffice to say her documentation, or lack thereof, of her steps and any errors is less than adequate.  I'm attempting to replicate on a test server and have done the following:

 1. Zipped the OHome  (RAC was already disabled here)
 2. Copied the zip file to the new server and unzipped it
 3. Ran the clone.pl <http://clone.pl> script, which said all linking,
    setup, etc. was successful.
 4. Tried to start dbca, but it just closed my linux session

Any suggestions?

I've also been attempting to download new non-RAC binaries, but I don't have enough disk space in my downloads directory. I'll need to jump through hoops and get managers involved to get more space and I don't seem to have another directory that I can use with sufficient space.  Is there another way to get these files?  I would prefer a clean install for the next non-RAC server.

--
Sandy B.

--
Mladen Gogala