Re: db_writer_processes tuning

  • From: Milen Kulev <makulev@xxxxxxx>
  • To: vbarac@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 15:39:43 +0100

..soryy, I have pressed enter too quickly.
In my case it has worked on VxFS, ans it should work on OCFS2 too.

Milen

Vladimir Barac wrote:

Hi, listers

A bit broad question… Is there a way to find out (by querying V$ views) what would be the optimal value for db_writer_processes parameter? As changing this parameter requires restart of the database, I have to provide proper justification (ITIL process) for this change.

Oracle 10.2.0.2, SLES 10.1 64 bit, OCFS2, db_writer_processes=1, filesystemio_options=directio, db_cache_size currently at 16GB, 4 dual core cpu server, RAM 32GB

Regards,

Vladimir Barac
Database administrator | Alghanim Industries
P.O. Box 223, Safat 13003, Kuwait
Tel: +965 1881 111  / ext. 2960

This e-mail message and any attachments to it are for the sole use of the intended recipients and may contain confidential and privileged information. This e-mail message and any attachments are the property of Yusuf A. Alghanim & Sons w.l.l. or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates (“Alghanim Industries”). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution of this e-mail message or its attachments is prohibited. Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Alghanim Industries. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and any attachments.