Re: db file sequential read - again

  • From: jherrick@xxxxxxx
  • To: Nigel Thomas <nigel_cl_thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 08:38:40 -0600

Quoting Nigel Thomas <nigel_cl_thomas@xxxxxxxxx>:

Personally, I'd rather let Oracle manage a single pool. A separate pool means you are assuming that by default Oracle will choose inappropriate blocks to page out. Of course you may be right... :-)

Regards Nigel

Thanks Nigel!

Since this event is the only one I see in significant quantities/time I
am fixating on it I guess. The server is idle and the I/O system is
yawning but this event still pops up. Meanwhile I've got about 400 spare
megabytes allocated to the Java Pool (Siebel 7 doesn't do Java) and the
large_pool area (we're using dedicated servers and no RMAN). So I was
looking to re-use the memory after doing an analysis of the file#/block#
captured by my monitoring program.

Cheers

JH