RE: db_file_multiblock_read_count and performance

> On my linux box at work the 'ideal' would be 128.  Keep in mind
> that the value of DBFMBRC will influence the CBO.  You may
> find it favoring FTS more often than you would like.

I would think ideal is "as fast as possible" and assuming you tell
Oracle the truth about speed of multiblock reads verse single block with
optimizer_index_cost_adj everything should work out fine, even if full
scans are favored.  Of course too many scans at the same time and
optimizer_index_cost_adj is no longer valid because IO bandwidth may
effect response times, so I guess this is where system stats has a
supreme advantage.=20