RE: datguard issue

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "K R" <kp0773@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:26:27 -0500

Kar,

    In my experience if MRP cannot connect to a process on the primary
database, namely the log_archive_dest_n parameter is set for lgwr or
arch on the primary then managed standby will never work.  You will have
to set your cron script to  copy the archive log files to the standby
and then manually recover the database.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International