Re: datapump export to pipe

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kurt-Franke@xxxxxx, Fmhabash <fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx>, tony.adolph.dba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:06:02 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, as I mentoned earlier that first file is surely be issue as per my test
sometime back when I had to take 500G dump.

Sanjay

Tony,

>Hi All,
>
> Thanks for the ideas.
>
> I thought I'd got it with the following sh script, but it looks like
> exppd closes and re-opens a dump file from time to time,.. or fuser
> is lying to me :-)

> I set the filesize = 64M which was the max extent size and created
> loads of small file for testing.
>
> But expdp failed because a file got gzipped before expdp had finished
> with it. I haven't included a file size check, only fuser as you can
> see above.
>
> Any other ideas? I was thinking about doing a cross-check in the
> database to see if the file write was complete, perhaps in expdp's
> control table, but haven't found where yet.
>
> Regards
> Tony

it's just a thought:

may be only the first file ist reopened for updating because there resides
something like a table of contents ?

in this case you could compressing all finished files but the first one unless
the expdp has totally completed.

regards

kf