Re: dataguard - monitoring, startup

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: sanjeevorcle@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:17:15 -0400

If you're not using data guard broker, at least consider it.

joe

_______________________________________
Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage?
Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Dec 11-13, 2009 here in Columbus.

From:
Sanjeev Mellacheruvu <sanjeevorcle@xxxxxxxxx>
To:
eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx
Cc:
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:
09/16/2009 01:13 PM
Re: dataguard - monitoring, startup
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ed,

I use following query modified based on metalink note 861595.1 to add few
columns for thread#:

select arch.thread# "Thread",
 appl.first_time "LastSeqApp1sttime",appl.sequence# "Last Sequence
Applied",
 arch.first_time "LastSeqRec1sttime",arch.sequence# "Last Sequence
Received",
 (arch.sequence# - appl.sequence#) "DiffSeq",
 round((arch.first_time-appl.first_time)*1440) "DiffMins"
 from
 (select thread# ,sequence#,first_time from v$archived_log where
(thread#,first_time ) in (select thread#,max(first_time) from
v$archived_log group by thread#)) arch,
 (select thread# ,sequence#,first_time from v$log_history where
(thread#,first_time ) in (select thread#,max(first_time) from
v$log_history group by thread#)) appl
 where
 arch.thread# = appl.thread#
 order by 1;

Regards,
Sanjeev.
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 7:29 AM, ed lewis <eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
    I have a few questions regarding dataguard.
We currently have DG running in a 2 node cluster,
and a third server (non-rac)
    The primary, and physical standby run in the cluster.
The LSB being on a separate server. (not in the cluster)

    We are looking for ways to monitor the DG
environment. We're creating some scripts to do so.
Does anyone have any scripts they would recommend ?
Is grid control a viable solution ?

    Also, on system reboots of the cluster, how do you handle
the startup of  DG, specially on the physical and logical servers ?
Do you modify the cluster scripts, or dbstart to accommodate this,
or create something else ? I was unable to find anything on
metalink.

            Your response is appreciated.

                    ed

solaris 5.10