dataguard in RESYNCHRONIZATION

  • From: "Amit Kumar" <amit718@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 16:17:47 -0400

hello gurus..

I am testing dataguard on RHEL4 linux, oracle 10.2.0.3.  I am able to
build the environment and perform failover/switchover operations via
dgmgrl while in MAXPROTECTION mode, but when I try to upgrade to
MAXAVALABILITY mode the protection_level is stuck at
"RESYNCHRONIZATION".  I followed the Oracle documentation carefully
and got this to work one time but on my 2nd try I am getting this
errors.

SQL> SELECT PROTECTION_MODE, PROTECTION_LEVEL FROM V$DATABASE;

PROTECTION_MODE      PROTECTION_LEVEL
MAXIMUM AVAILABILITY RESYNCHRONIZATION

dgmgrl shows this output for statusreport:

WARNING ORA-16817: unsynchronized Fast-Start Failover configuration

I searched the oracle-l archives, google and metalink but cannot find
what this resynchronization means or what I have done. wrong.

rgds,  Amit Sharma
amit718@xxxxxxxxx