RE: datafile corruption??

  • From: "Martin Brown" <martinfbrown@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:07:07 +0000

Scan the alert log to make sure there are no other errors like this. You
should also do:
select status, name from v$datafile;

See if you can find out what other files on on this spindle. It may take
some help from your S/A.
I think this may be hardware failure, but not sure. The S/A can look at log
files and stuff to check for hits.

I would look at moving everything off of that mount piont if that's the
case. Your file looks like an index dbf? If it is, it's not so bad. You can
rebuild all of the indexes for that tablespace.