Re: database monitoring tools - splunk?

  • From: kyle Hailey <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rstauffer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:15:20 -0800

Have anyhone been using Splunk?
I just stumbled upon them and I'm wondering how well they work and where
database monitoring would fit in with Splunk.
I've been thinking of similar ideas of loading data into the "cloud" and
providing UI and analytics there so the data would be accessible anywhere
and not just through VPN, plus a lot of the data visualization techniques
are generic and could be applied to many different sets of data.

Kyle Hailey
http://dboptimizer.com