Re: data move concept

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ebuddelm@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 12:12:25 +0100

more generally the first 3 considerations at
http://www.intelligententerprise.com/channels/information_management/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=BHE2JTPS1VAILQE1GHRSKH4ATMY32JVN?articleID=207002081&pgno=1
probably
apply here. I'd generally say, at least start with an automated tool -
complete with error trapping, logging, auditing etc etc (all the
instrumentation people don't normally put into hand-crafted things) - and
then deal with performance as a performance tuning exercise afterwards.
There can of course be rather a large dollar cost to this recommendation.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA