From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Zelli, Brian
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 2:37 PM
To: Oracle L
Subject: data move concept

Hello all,
    I have systems that need to take data from other systems like most
of you probably have to do.  I need to take from sql server and other
oracle systems.  I can do it the old fashion way of creating flat files,
ftp and sqlload.  But with the tools of 10g is there a better way?
Something that is reliable, re-runnable, error trapping, etc.....

I tested some things like:

- DTS from sql server 2000 into a temp table and then ran scripts
against the temp table
- Created a link to oracle and did a select into
- flat file and sqlload

Anything else?  I just want to try and use something current and
reliable for moving and loading data.  I am open to all kinds of ideas.

ciao,

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee
or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.