From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2011 12:26 PM
To: Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
pioro1@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: data guard questions

That is correct, only if you open the standby and apply logs at the same time ,
requires Active Data Guard, if it stays in mount mode and is applying
transactions then no other license is needed.  Thats my understanding.

joe

_______________________________________
Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

"Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"pioro1@xxxxxxxxx" <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>, "eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx"
<eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

02/16/2011 03:21 PM

RE: data guard questions

Sent by:

oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm not a Data Guard expert, so someone else please correct me if I'm wrong
here, but I don't think there is any special licensing required for using
real-time apply, and it does not enable write access to the standby.  Maybe
you're confusing real-time apply with Active Data Guard?