data guard questions

  • From: "ed lewis" <eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:29:33 -0500

Hi,
    I'm getting ready to do a new install of
Dataguard.   (Oracle 11.2.0, Solaris 10 64bit).

    The plan is to create a  physical, and a logical standby.
From what I understand, it's possible to have the primary
database replicate to the physical standby, and then have
the physical standby replicate  to the logical standby ?
Is anyone doing this  ? Any pros and cons you can share ?

    I'm also looking at DG broker. We don't have plans to
use fast failover. Would you recommend using the broker ?
Pros, cons ?

    Your feedback is appreciated.

    ed