Re: data guard fast start failover

  • From: Mark Strickland <strickland.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Alex Gorbachev <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:06:43 -0800

Alex, sorry it's taken me so long to follow up.  We had a complex query
change execution plans on us in a production OLTP database Monday morning
which caused all sorts of drama and, yesterday, a developer accidently
dropped an Oracle schema and related MySQL databases in a test environment
and I had to do some acrobatics, well, you know...

I spoke with our WebLogic SME and it turned out that no WebLogic patches
were required after all, but the 10.2.0.4 jdbc driver had to be used, of
course, and the thread count had to be increased.  We are using XA
transactions.

-Mark