Re: data extraction from dead database

  • From: "bill thater" <shrekdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mln@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:52:30 -0600

> Because of Oracle's arrogance and greed in this area, a number of other
> people have written tools to do the same thing (or to do most of what
> DUL can do).

now, now my friend, don't hold back.  tell us how you really feel.
don't hold it in, it's bad for your blood pressure.;-)

the one time i had need for it, they couldn't "work us in" for two
weeks.  i found other ways to get the data back.

Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA
       shrekdba@xxxxxxxxx
"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking