Re: cursor: pin S wait on X

  • From: Steve Adams <steve.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 04:51:44 +1000

Hi Charles,

The mutex structures are just a latching and memory optimization. The concurrency concepts have not changed, nor have the reasons for taking an X pin. The most common match for this behaviour would be reloading a shared cursor that had been invalidated.

@   Regards,
@   Steve Adams
@         - For DBAs
@  - For all

Schultz, Charles wrote:
No, but thanks for asking. The "mega-slowness" is a completely different
issue, for which I am still befuddled.

This mutex problem is something new in a test db for (hence,
your link to Tanel's note was helpful in that regards). Still trying to
figure out how we arrived at 30 processes waiting on this mutex pin.