crs_stat formatting questions and comments

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 10:18:38 -0500

So, why does "crs_stat -t" formatting not adjust correctly to my terminal size?
(I'm using the default gnome-terminal in Oracle Linux so any suggestions along
that line are also appreciated)

$ crs_stat -t

Name           Type           Target    State     Host
ora.GRID.dg    ora....up.type ONLINE    ONLINE    rac1
ora....ER.lsnr ora....er.type ONLINE    ONLINE    rac1
ora....N1.lsnr ora....er.type ONLINE    ONLINE    rac2
ora....N2.lsnr ora....er.type ONLINE    ONLINE    rac1
ora....N3.lsnr ora....er.type ONLINE    ONLINE    rac1
ora.asm        ora.asm.type   ONLINE    ONLINE    rac1
ora.cvu        ora.cvu.type   ONLINE    ONLINE    rac1
ora.gsd        ora.gsd.type   OFFLINE   OFFLINE
ora....network ora....rk.type ONLINE    ONLINE    rac1
..
..

I downloaded
http://blog.enkitec.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/crsstat.v1.2.1.zip written
by Paul Elbow @ Enkitec but it seems (to me) that I should be able to set up my
default user profile so that crs_stat -t always displays correctly but perhaps
I'm mistaken.

I don't understand why crs_stat is formatting so badly.

Chris Taylor

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort."
-- John Ruskin (English Writer 1819-1900)

Any views and/or opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily
reflect the views of Ingram Industries, its affiliates, its subsidiaries or its
employees.