Re: cron backups on RAC

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Listserv Oracle <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:16:32 -0400

We use flashback restore points for major app releases ...
1  (P1) before release, (this is where we roll back if we rollback the
release
2. (P2) one after release but before sanity testing by ops and qa, this is
used to roll back  to p2 of all is well. This gets rid of testing and we
are ready to roll. if something fails, we flashback to P1.
if all is well in few hours, we drop the restore points. DB doesn't need to
be brought down at all but ymmv.

Raj