Re: creating db using dbca not seeing pop-up screens

  • From: oj.ofiana@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx,Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 14:18:43 +0000

With regards to Sreejith's problem with Xming, it sounds very similar to the
issue where you need to install Xming Fonts in order for dbca to create the
database at the end of the wizard.
Regards,
OJ

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 13:49:55
To: <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: creating db using dbca not seeing pop-up screens

I'm with Alan on this one, take the trouble to get your dbca templates
correct and have deployment methods a dba who isn't familiar with the
scripts can understand. Same database every time seems like a smart plan to
me. I don't agree about tetris though :)
On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 1:43 PM, Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <
Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All,
>
> I'll do you one even better.
>
> Use dbca once to create the scripts to create the database.  Save/modify
> the scripts and run sqlplus on the server to create the database.
>
> Use these scripts as a template going forward.
>
> I dislike dbca simply because it creates way to many extra schemas that I
> will never use.  And dropping those schemas after the fact is too risky.
>  Not creating them initially is the better way to go for me.
>
> Of course, this goes to individual preference!
>
> Tom

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info