Re: creating db using dbca not seeing pop-up screens

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 09:54:47 -0300

I'll give the unhelpful advice again:
use response files. Even for dbca.

It'll take you about 10 minutes to modify an existing template (which is
installed automatically with the RDBMS) and you simply run runInstaller
-silent -responseFile <full path to rsp> (you can even use nohup) and go
play tetris for a while. when you come back the database is there. I got
used to this when the speed I got from using either vnc o xming and putty
was so unacceptably slow that it took about 5 minutes for each click. So
the gui dbca or oui were unsuable... also, now I got a copy of every
response file I've ever used and it's much easier to have a standar install
that way.

hth
cheers
Alan.-