RE: create user with existing password

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tkiernan@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <pdba1966@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 13:47:45 -0500

I am sure this works.   I have/had a script to 'become_u'.  which essentially
saves off the encrypted password using a values clause sql statement as shown
below, then changes the password to something simple, logs in, and then
executes the saved statement and deletes the saved statement.

It started to generate alert log errors, I believe ora-0600 in 11g databases.
An analyst at metalink said it was never supported or documented....  (surprise
to me since I used it since oracle 8).   So... they started talking about proxy
users and such... (just more complication), but the bottom line is, you might
expect to see some errors show up...

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546