Re: create a view with parallel hint

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 05:51:39 -0700 (PDT)

>> I can't change the tables parallelism,.. too much impact on the rest
>> of the system.  Too risky.
>
> How about you change the table parallel degree right before you submit the
> report job and immediately change it to noparallel after it? You just need to

Correction to my message. If the query is running, attempting to change the
table to noparallel would just hang on library cache lock. The same is true for
its index.

Nobody has mentioned "alter session force parallel query". It works even though
the table and index involved are noparallel and no hint exists in the SQL. If
you can't inject this SQL to Crystal Reports, use a logon trigger, even
temporarily.

Yong Huang

Be a better friend, newshound, and