Re: corrupt archive log

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 06:39:41 -0600

Looking for the corruption can be useful, and yes, do dump block #2960, bearing in mind that block size is displayed in V$ARCHIVED_LOG.BLOCK_SIZE, and it is not DB_BLOCK_SIZE.

Most importantly however, immediately get a successful full backup of that database. That new backup is now your *only* protection in case something happens. And when that backup completes successfully, get another one as soon as possible, just in case.

Good luck!

Michael McMullen wrote:
Sun Solaris 5.8

I got a
RMAN-03002: failure of backup command at 07/12/2006 17:22:08
ORA-19599: block number 2960 is corrupt in archived log

I've dumped the logfile, it's 500Mb. What am I looking for in the logfile
that would show me why it's corrupted. Do I grep for the block number