Re: corrupt archive log

Michael,

Looking for the corruption can be useful, and yes, do dump block #2960, bearing in mind that block size is displayed in V$ARCHIVED_LOG.BLOCK_SIZE, and it is not DB_BLOCK_SIZE.

Most importantly however, immediately get a successful full backup of that database. That new backup is now your *only* protection in case something happens. And when that backup completes successfully, get another one as soon as possible, just in case.

Good luck!

-Tim

Michael McMullen wrote:
Oracle 9.2.0.4
Sun Solaris 5.8

I got a
RMAN-03002: failure of backup command at 07/12/2006 17:22:08
ORA-19599: block number 2960 is corrupt in archived log
/u03/archivelogs/odmdb/odmdb_42856_1.arc

I've dumped the logfile, it's 500Mb. What am I looking for in the logfile
that would show me why it's corrupted. Do I grep for the block number
"2960"?

Thanks
Mike