copy long raw data from a remote database

  • From: "David Boyd" <davidb158@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 11:52:38 -0400

Hi List,

We want to replicate a table that contains a long raw field from a remote
database.  All of Oracle replication methods don't apply to long raw data.
So we are trying to use 'copy' command on sqlplus.  Unfortunately, the
length of long raw is limit to 4000 bytes that is not long enough for the
data.  I was wondering if any body knows a better way to do this.  The
remote database is out of our control.  So converting to blob is not an
option.  Thanks in advance.

David