Re: coping oracle to another server

  • From: Paul Baumgartel <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L@Freelists. Org (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:23:30 -0400

IIRC, you will have to startup mount the new database and recover it
before you can open it.  The backup and recovery experts on the list
will correct me if I=E8m wrong.

On Apr 12, 2005 4:07 PM, Roger Xu <roger_xu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 on Solaris 8 (SUNW,Sun-Fire-V890)
>=20
>=20
dressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any rev=
iew, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by person=
s or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received =
this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the =
material.
> This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Secu=
rity System. Any questions please call 972-721-8257 or email your request t=
o tech_support@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> --
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l
>=20
> For technical support please email tech_support@xxxxxxxxxxx or you can
> call (972)721-8257.
> This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Secu=
rity System.
>=20
> This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is ad=
dressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any rev=
iew, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by person=
s or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received =
this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the =
material.
> This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Secu=
rity System. Any questions please call 972-721-8257 or email your request t=
o tech_support@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> --
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l
>=20