From: Hemant K Chitale [mailto:hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 8:31 PM
To: VIVEK_SHARMA; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: "control file sequential read" wait during RAC Benchmark ?

Total wait time for "control file sequential read" is 7 seconds.
Is that significant ?  Was the StatsPack snapshot for a duration of
10 minutes ? 1 hour ?

-> Period between the Statspack Snapshots = 6.97 minutes

Snapshot       Snap Id     Snap Time      Sessions Curs/Sess Comment
~~~~~~~~ ---------- ------------------ -------- --------- -------------------
Begin Snap:         27 23-Feb-07 17:53:38       70      16.1
  End Snap:         28 23-Feb-07 18:00:36       80      18.3
   Elapsed:                6.97 (mins)

Why do you think "control file sequential read" waits would be tempered by
"transaction be grouped logically so that transactions hit different
data blocks" ?

-> That is a Question & I do NOT know if "grouping transactions" has any impact on the "control file sequential read" wait.
-> Seek your Advice on this.

Hemant
At 09:07 PM Tuesday, VIVEK_SHARMA wrote:
>Folks
>

>Qs 2) Should Transactions be grouped Logically so that Transactions
>Hit different Data Blocks on the 2 Nodes?
>
>Top 5 Timed
>Events                                                    Avg %Total
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>wait   Call
>Event                                            Waits    Time
>(s)   (ms)   Time
>----------------------------------------- ------------ -----------
>------ ------
>CPU
>time                                                        12          43.6
>control file sequential
>read                    21,969           7      0   25.4

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital
and
http://hemantscribbles.blogspot.com