Re: connection to the database is slow

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ikar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 11:46:16 -0800

Check your $ORACLE_HOME/otrace/admin directory.

Do you have some rather large *.dat files there?

If so, Oracle Trace is turned on.

Google for EPC_DISABLED for more info.

This was definitely a problem on 7.3 as Oracle Trace was on by
default.

I can't recall if was still a problem with 8i, but it's worth a look.

HTH

Jared

--
Jared Still