Re: connection pools and listener log

Hi David,
see my posts here:

www.freelists.org/post/oracle-l/jdbc-connection-pool-and-connect-frequency

and here:

stackoverflow.com/questions/4490374/relate-jdbc-connections-to-oracle-listener-log-file-content

Still looking for an answer ...

Regards
Dimitre

On 26/02/2011 00:46, Herring Dave - dherri wrote:
Folks,

I'm trying to match up database logons with what I'm seeing in the local
listener log and coming up way short, so hopefully one of you can enlighten me.

Our configuration is Oracle 10gR2 on RHEL 4.6.  There are a number of application servers that connect using a connection pool.
I reviewed AWR "logons cumulative" statistic recently and saw that 1 instance regularly gets around 1,000 per hr.
Checking the local listener log for "established" I found a number more like 10,000 per hour.  How can that be?  Don't
"established" connections via the listener have to match up with the database "logons cumulative"?  If not,
what is it that's being sent by the application that the listener sees as a request to "establish" a connection but not
really connect to the database?

Thx.

DAVID HERRING
DBA
Acxiom Corporation
EML   dave.herring@xxxxxxxxxx
TEL    630.944.4762
MBL   630.430.5988
1501 Opus Pl, Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA
WWW.ACXIOM.COM

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended
only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,
please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message
or any copy of it from your computer system. Thank you.