Re: connecting to oracle 10g ora-28547 connection to server failed problable net8 admin error

  • From: "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <jreyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 16:52:04 -0400

Thanks Jared, I don't use oracle names, I installed developer 6i, and 10 in
another directory.
I did it previously and it worked (maybe I installed first 10g and then
developer 6i)
I tried to rename the oracle branch in regedit software, and reinstalled
again. but the problem persists.

I solved the problem installing another windows, but I was curious which was
the real reason, I checked the paths.
In metalink either there is a complete explanation.

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco

Oracle Certified Professional 9i,10g
Developer Certified Professional 6i
8 years of experience in developing, administrating database and designing