RE: connect / as sysdba - What am I missing?

  • From: "Uzzell, Stephan" <SUzzell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'JEREMY.SHEEHAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <JEREMY.SHEEHAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:18:22 -0500

Hi Jeremy,

Two things I would recommend:

1)      Change sqlnet.authentication_services to (NTS)

2)      In local user manager (lusrmgr.msc) add your windows user to the
ora_dba group

HTH,
stephan

Stephan Uzzell | MICROS Systems, Inc.

Database Administrator - OPERA Global Technical Services
7031 Columbia Gateway Dr,  Columbia, MD  21046 | * 443.285.8000x2760 | 7
443.285.6505