Re: compilers and oracle 11g

  • From: lyallbarbour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:33:34 -0400

Ya, for some reason, SunGard HE has not moved on from Cobol with their
application since it has moved from OpenVMS.

From: Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: lyallbarbour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, March 19, 2010, 8:31 AM

Lyall,

    I do believe that if you installed the 64 bit database binaries then the 64
bit compatible pre compiler was installed as well.  Regrettably the darn thing
isn't nice enough to tell you.

    BTW: who uses Cobol any more???  Another shadow from the dark side.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/NA Team Lead
PAREXEL International