_column_elimination_off

  • From: "Kerber, Andrew W." <Andrew.Kerber@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 07:40:26 -0500

I recently took over support of a data warehouse, oracle 9.2.0.7 on aix,
and I was going over the init.ora, and found this parameter:

_column_elimination_off,= TRUE,

The oracle documentation says it turns off predicate only column
elimination, but I have no idea what that means.  Can someone enlighten
me?

Andrew W. Kerber
Senior Oracle DBA
UMB

"If at first you dont succeed dont take up skydiving."

NOTICE:  This electronic mail message and any attached files are confidential.
The information is exclusively for the use of the individual or entity intended
as the recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
printing, reviewing, retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the
message or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.  If
you have received this electronic mail message in error, please advise the
sender by reply electronic mail immediately and permanently delete the original
transmission, any attachments and any copies of this message from your computer
system. Thank you.