Re: clusterware comparation

miller,

yup we can straightforward using oracle clusterware, but in this room
I ever read that someone told the OS cluster is better than oracle
clusterware, however I need the documentation, let say from gartner,
so can justify for the future implementation

thanks
ujang

On 5/5/07, Job Miller <jobmiller@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
RAC requires Oracle Clusterware and doesn't require any vendor clusterware.

You can also use Oracle Clusterware for other non-RAC things, like single
instance Oracle cold-failover.

You can read about it on OTN.  If you want RAC, you'll use Oracle
Clusterware, if you own the DB, you own the Clusterware already, so if you
want to try and use it for other things (email, web server, single instance
oracle)  go ahead.. it's pretty straightforward.

Job