Re: checkpoint over 15 minutes?

  • From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 19:33:35 +0800

Which version of Oracle?

Oracle isn't very aggressive doing logswitch checkpoints anymore. You can
easily test it out by having 3-4 redolog groups, doing logswitches and querying
groups which have status = ACTIVE from v$log. The ACTIVE groups haven't
checkpointed to disk yet. In 9i at least one log group was allowed to stay
ACTIVE after log switch without initiating a checkpoint, in 10gR2 all my 4
logfile groups were not checkpointed by default (had 1 CURRENT and 3 ACTIVE
groups). But on next logswitch all three ACTIVE groups were checkpointed.

Tanel.