Re: checkpoint over 15 minutes?

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LS Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:14:36 +0200

Don't need to look but I remember by heart - from seconds to minutes.
Peak time in active production databases about a minute for
incremental checkpoint.

It depends, for example, on cache size, number of DBWriters (or
slaves) and async IO on/off, fast_start_mttr_target, number of
datafile. Of course, a lot depends on you IO subsystem performance.

Are you concerned? Unless you see the impact on perfromance than it
will only affect crash recovery time. For example, you can have a lot
of "free buffers" waits if DB writers can't keep up flushing dirty
blocks and checkpoiting (I observed that on one of our systems).

2006/5/23, LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>:
Do you mind have a look at your alerts (if you have log_checkpoints_to_alert
set to TRUE) and see how long does your CKTP take :-?

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

http://oracloid.blogspot.com