RE: check high wate mark on tables??

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 12:38:48 -0400

you mean like:

select owner,segment_name, file_id, block_id
from dba_extents
where file_id, block_id in (select file_id, max(block_id) from dba_extents
group by file_id);

?
I think that will tell you which segment is preventing further shrinkage.

You might want to list all the extents where block_id > {value_of_interest}
for an individual file together with the owner and segment_name.

By the way, are you releasing storage on those truncates?

mwf