Re: changing ip interface in a cluster

  • From: John.Hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: eglewis71@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:39:08 +0100

See my blog entry , hope it helps

John

http://jhdba.wordpress.com/2008/03/10/managing-network-interface-cards-for-rac/

John Hallas
Oracle DBA
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC
Mobile: 07876 790540
E-mail: john.hallas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,
    The ip addresses for  the VIP and public interfaces are going
to be changed in our cluster. I found a paper on metalink,
that recommends using the oifcfg utility to do this.
    Basically, shut down the cluster and change the ip's
using this utility.

==========================================================================================================================

Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC is registered in England with number 358949. The
registered office of the company is situated
at Gain Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD3 7DL.

This email and any attachments are intended for the addressee(s) only and may
be confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please inform the sender by replying to the email that you
have received in error and then destroy
the email. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose,
copy or rely on the email or its attachments
in any way.

Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC accepts no liability or responsibility for
anything said in the email or its
attachments and gives no warranty as to accuracy. It is the policy of Wm
Morrison Supermarkets PLC not to enter
into any contractual or other obligations by email.

Although we have taken steps to ensure the email and its attachments are
virus-free, we cannot guarantee this or
accept any responsibility, and it is the responsibility of recipients to carry
out their own virus checks.