Re: changing archive from noarchive

  • From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:09:57 -0600

You're missing "startup mount"; "alter database archivelog" and "alter database
open" after shutdown immediate.

But if you're doing it the first time, make sure you understand the concepts of
archivelogging and online backups (if you're gonna do those) first.
docs.oracle.com will help (backup & recovery guide).

Tanel.