changing archive from noarchive

  • From: Onkar N Tiwary <onkarnath.tiwary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:56:40 +0530

hi all,

This is the first time, I am going to put one production server, which is
running in Active-Passive cluster, in archivelog mode from noarchive log
mode. As I said since this is the first time , I am going to do this , so I
don know what are the changes required. My plan is as :

1) setting log_archive_dest,log_archive_format & log_archive_start
parameters in init<sid>.ora/spfile<sid>.ora on both the nodes
2) connecting to oracle server with sys/pass@string as sysdba
3) shutting down the database using SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE
4) starting the database normally using STARTUP

Do I need to do something else??? Plz. sugges.

--
Thanks & Regards,
T. Onkar Nath