Re: change user password for huge amount of application server

  • From: David Robillard <david.robillard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Eagle Fan <eagle.f@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:39:44 -0500

Why not use Kerberos [1] as your database authentication mechanism?
Once you change your principal's password in the Kerberos realm, then
all of your systems will be up to date. No more pushing. But you'll
have to manage the wallets and pay for the Advanced Security Option.

You also have Kerberos in Oracle Database Enterprise User Security [2].

HTH,

DA+

[1]
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/network.112/e10746/asointro.htm#i1007889